Kydex® T Plastic Sheet Panels
A proprietary thermoplastic sheet that is cost competitive with fire retardant ABS/PVC (FR-ABS) formulations but with significantly higher impact strength and extensibility.
KYDEX® T - High Impact Fire-Rated Sheet
KYDEX® T is a proprietary thermoplastic sheet that is cost competitive with fire retardant ABS/PVC (FR-ABS) formulations but with significantly higher impact strength and extensibility.
KYDEX® T is less hygroscopic, it typically does not require pre-drying, offers superior impact, more uniform forming with less wall thinning and offers significantly greater resistance to a broad range of corrosive chemicals and cleaning solutions.
- Aircraft Interiors
- Mass Transit Vehicle Interior Components
- Equipment Housings
- Medical Products
- Kiosk Housings
- Substitute for FR-ABS sheet with competitive pricing but superior cost/performance.
- Higher breakage resistance measured by the Notched Izod test than competitive thermoplastics.
- Available in eight thicknesses from 0.71mm (0.028) and up, in nine textures, a variety of colours, custom blank sizes and low minimums.
- Among the most rigid of thermoforming materials with a modulus of elasticity of 2,482 MPa (360,000 psi).
- Easy to form with excellent part definition and deep-draw characteristics.
- Form times similar to FR-ABS making it an easy transition from competitive products.